Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Meet Your Peers: Tetona Dunlap

"My name is Tetona Dunlap and I a member of the Eastern Shoshone tribe from the Wind River Reservation in Wyoming. I graduated from Creighton University in 2004 with my bachelors in journalism. I am also a 2003 graduate of the American Indian Journalism Institute. I have had the opportunity to intern at several newspapers. I have interned at the Argus Leader in Sioux Falls, South Dakota; The Associated Press in Seattle; The Lincoln Journal Star in Lincoln, Nebraska and The Washington Post. I worked at the Kansas City Star in Kansas City, Missouri for three years as a photojournalist. I currently freelance for my local hometown newspapers the Lander Journal and the Riverton Ranger, as well as Reznetnews.org. My decision to attend graduate school stems from a desire to gain more knowledge and skills in the journalism world. It is my hope that by attending Montana I can learn about all aspects of journalism such as writing, editing, video, radio, in addition to continuing with photojournalism."

No comments: