Sunday, July 11, 2010

Meet Your Peers: Meredith Gibbs

My name is Meredith Gibbs. While I was not born in Whitefish, Montana, I do feel that it is truly my hometown. I was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan. When I was seven years old, my family moved to a town just outside of Yellowstone National Park, eventually relocating to outside of Glacier National Park. My childhood was spent exploring the fields, forests, and mountains outside my house, playing never ending "Oregon trail" pretend games. Ever since then, I have not truly been comfortable anywhere away from the mountains. Living in northwestern Montana for the greater portion of my life has taught me to love sunshine when I see it, to embrace the snowy winters, and to swim in frigid mid-June lakes.

I recently completed my undergraduate career, receiving a degree in English Education. Now, after spending a full year with the crazy kids and their hormones, I am thinking about taking some time until I hop back into the educational pool! I am returning to Missoula for a fresh jump into new and old areas of interest. I am positive by the end of my time in Missoula, I will have much more to teach the kids, whenever it is I am ready to return to them.

In addition to hiking, skiing, and swimming (all things Montana), I also enjoy writing, reading, painting, and sewing silly hats.

No comments: