Friday, July 16, 2010

Meet Your Peers: Breeana Laughlin











As a child, I loved to explore, swim and play, and today, you can find me doing much of the same.

I still revel in the simple things in life and want to explore and learn as much as I can.

Journalism is the ideal career to feed my curiosity because it puts me in new situations. It inspires me when I meet people from all walks of life and challenges me to present each story with the care it deserves.

I got my undergrad degrees at the University of Washington, where I majored in journalism and Community and Environmental Planning. Since then, I've worked at weekly and daily newspapers in Washington and California. I also worked at an Internet company, Care2.com, writing campaigns for nonprofit organizations. Right now, I have a weekly article with the Missoulian, and I'm an intern at the Outdoor Writers Association of America. I'm thrilled to be part of the Environmental Science and Natural Resource Journalism program and excited for all of the opportunities that come with it.

I was born in Montana, and although I've spent most of my life away from the state, I've always considered it home. Now that I'm back, I'm happy to be close to my grandparents in Polson. Besides outdoor activities, I like going out to dance and finding the places that give Missoula its charm. I also spend a lot of time being entertained by my dog Boomer.

No comments: