Monday, August 11, 2008

Meet Your Peers: James Grant

“I was born and raised outside Denver, Colo., and in 2002 graduated from the University of the South in Sewanee, Tenn., with a bachelor’s degree in natural resources. Since college I have held a variety of jobs that have not only kept me outdoors and challenged me physically, but have also immersed me in rural America. The work, little of which has directly pertained to my education in geology and forestry, has been largely agricultural- farming, ranching, and training horses.

“Most recently, I leased a ranch north of Dallas, Texas, where I established and ran a horse training business. I was there for four years, learned much of the trade and the land, and am now quite ready for the cooler Northern climes.

“Drawing from my education and my experience within the natural world, I intend to pursue environmental journalism.”

No comments: