Thursday, June 4, 2009

Meet Your Peers: Gillette Vaira

"Growing up in Lambert, Montana, I dreamed of becoming a broadcast journalist. I practiced news delivery skills by using flashlights and lint rollers as microphones. Later, with the support of my parents, Mary and Collin Vaira, I honed these communication skills through 4-H and Business Professionals of America, where I was successful in public speaking contests. As an undergraduate, I interned at KULR-8 Television, which further reconfirmed my goal to pursue broadcast journalism.

I graduated from Montana State University Billings in 2009 with a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication and a minor in International Studies. I have interned with the National 4-H Council in Washington, D.C. and the March of Dimes in Billings, Montana. I aspire to work as a broadcast journalist for a national news network and then move into public relations."

No comments: