Monday, July 26, 2010

Meet Your Peers: Kevin Radley

























Until the age of 18, I lived in Sammamish, Wash. Twenty-five minutes from Seattle and an hour from the mountains, I spent most of my childhood outdoors, partaking in various activities from snow skiing to water sports.

After high school, I followed my brother’s advice and moved to Missoula, Mont., for college. The University of Montana brought out my passion for the surrounding natural environment and for capturing it through photography. My education focused on international resource conservation, with a minor in Media Arts.

Fresh out of college and only 22 years old, I chose environmental journalism because I believe it is the next step to advance my knowledge about society and conservation while simultaneously furthering my creative skills with different media. Also, I am not ready for a real-life job just yet.

I am excited to expand my knowledge of the field of journalism. My current interests are the climate change debate and the sustainable development movement. Whether it’s making environmental documentaries or photo stories, I want to visually share captivating stories from around the globe.

Currently, I live at Flathead Lake Lodge, where I work on the waterfront, taking guests sailing and waterskiing. It could be the best summer job in Montana or even the country. I also enjoy Karaoke and moonlight bike rides in Glacier National Park.

No comments: