Monday, August 11, 2008

Meet Your Peers: Cate Oliver

“Hello, hello I am Cate Oliver. I'm 23 years old and was born and raised in Rock Springs, Wyo. Eighteen years there was much too many, and my desperation to get out brought me to Spokane, Wash., to attend school at Gonzaga University. I studied broadcasting and general business there and graduated last May. I was lucky enough to study abroad my junior year in Florence, Italy. Throughout those nine months I learned more about humanity, our world and myself than I could have EVER imagined! I visited so many different countries and experienced such diversity in each of them, and that experience changed the way I look at the world.

“I (obviously) love traveling and embrace extraordinary adventures. Occasionally this sense of adventure gets me in trouble, but it always develops great stories and memories! I dig the outdoors and outdoor activities (snowboarding, hiking, kayaking, biking, running…) which is part of the reason I came to Missoula.


“Music is also something I am very passionate about. When I am stressed, anxious, or just down there is nothing more soothing than putting on a great vinyl or sitting down and strumming my guitar. My summer plans basically involve attending various concerts and festivals, and spending time at the Gorge.”

No comments: