Monday, August 11, 2008

Meet Your Peers: Melissa Jensen

“My name is Melissa Jensen. I’m a 1998 U of M graduate in broadcast journalism. I return to Missoula, rather unexpectedly, after spending the last 10 years working in various television newsrooms. I’ve done just about everything there is to do, from reporting to assignment editing to managing the newsroom. But my passion is producing and anchoring newscasts. I have a wonderful husband and an amazing 2-year-old boy. My husband was offered a job in Missoula last fall to do a job he loves for State Farm Insurance. So here we are… and the stars aligned to bring me back to U of M. I’m excited to get back into the classroom and further develop and expand my skills. My husband will be the first to tell you that I miss the day to day stress, deadlines and frantic atmosphere of being in a newsroom. It’s a great job that I love and I do miss. But I have no doubt there will be plenty more of that to go around once classes begin!”

No comments: